On 12/5/22 10:57, Steffen Möller wrote:

I guess any such industrial decision making is equally based on the "unknown"
when it comes to interoperability. The EU funds (did fund?) COST actions for this purpose
- bring industrial and academic partners together and squeeze something like a joint
standard out of them. Since quite a number of CNC companies are located in Europe, it
seems like worthwhile to write something up with them. Any such COST action pays for
travel, not for people, except some smallish side projects when someone visits cross
country. Opinions?

Good idea. Do you have any more info on COST. Unfortunately they chose an acronym that makes it difficult to search for.

Interesting to see some DDS performance testing. Looks like we might use what they call "local delivery" for latency <1mS .

https://www.rti.com/blog/latest-connext-dds-ros-2-performance-benchmarks