On 1/15/23 13:04, Jon Elson wrote:
Hello, all,

I have a user who can't get spindle speed to work.  He says he is using 2.7.0 and my USC/UPC boards with the 8-bit spindle DAC board.

When he tells it to start the spindle (I presume with M03 S1000 or similar) he gets zero out of motion.spindle-speed-out.

Can anybody say what things need to be in order for the S word to be sent out from motion.spindle-speed-out?

I think he is using show hal config to see the state of the hal pins.

Thanks,

Jon
How long have we had multiple spindle ability? Maybe he needs to add an S# to his code, although it seems like 2.7 should be ok without a spindle number.

Have him launch it from a shell so he see's the shell output behind the LCNC screen. It might be cluefull.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis