On 2/29/24 18:50, gene heskett wrote:
On 2/29/24 15:56, andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 at 18:14, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

Is it possible to concatenate several string vars into a variable name
in order to access an array of vars

No.

But you can do this with numbered variables.

So #[100 + #3] is a valid construction.

tholefinder.ngc currently uses #100 and #101 to return the exact xy location of the bolthole its positioned to check (but that is adjustable) so I likely will use #200, #210, #220 for the anchor points of the 3 0-9 element arrays for x,y,z. Any possible interference with o### etc while/do/etc markers?

How do I initialize that to 0.00000000, the same way, I assume by
#300=0, then #3000=first hole location x while incremnting #300 to 9
#3010=y location etc, #3020=zlocattion.  Just to make sure its reserved when I write the actual data returned from tholefinder (which returns the exact center of the holes x in #100 y=in #101 etc) to that location for later use.  This will greatly simplify the code, thank you very much Andy. Even simpler if I don't have to init the storage until I actually have data to write to that location.

One last Q in this thread, assuming the machine has been homed and I want to G38.2 z-70. where contact is expected at about -67mm. But I occasionally get a stop before contact. Noise? Will #5070 tell me?. The docs for G38.2 should say if the value z is searching for is absolute or relative from whence it starts. Needs a 1 liner to add that missing data. Docs are 2.9.0-pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7 so pretty old now. but bookworm isn't offering me anything newer? shouldn't it be up to 2.9.2 now?

Thanks Andy. Stay warm & well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis