Doug Frazee wrote:

>Several of our customers have inquired about required CE testing on
>systems that are powered by low voltage DC from CE approved power
>supplies.  They feel that additional tests are not required.  I agree as

>far as the Low Voltage Directive is concerned, but for the EMC directive,

>I am advising that no testing be waived as compliance cannot be
>guaranteed when configured with a noisy device.  Have there been any
>rulings on this issue?  Any differing opinions?

>Doug Frazee
>EMC compliance engineer

I perfectly agree with Doug. Just take a look to the EN50082 where
immunity limits for DC Supply ports are specified .

EN50081 specifies emmision limits for "supply". It does not make
anny difference wether they are AC or DC.

Regards

George

* Dr. Georg M. Dancau                    * HAUNI MASCHINENBAU AG   *
* g.m.dan...@ieee.org                    * EMC Lab Dept.177        *
* 100536.2...@compuserve.com             * Kampchaussee 8..32      *
* TEL: +49 40 7250 2102                  * 21033 Hamburg           *
* FAX: +49 40 7250 3801                  * Germany                 *
* home: 100536.2...@compuserve.com       * Lohbruegger Landstr. 82 *
* Tel: +49 40 738 51 07                  * 21031 Hamburg           *
* Fax: +49 40 730 11 99                  * Germany                 *