Dear emc-pstc:

Thank You all (Juan, Gabriel, Ben, and Patty) for your responses to my IEC65
questions.  I will be ordering an updated copy of the document, however, it may
take a little time to obtain, so I have another more specific question i would
like you to entertain (if you have the time).  My copy of IEC 65 gives me the
following values for reinforced insulation, a working voltage of 250Vrms
(354Vpeak).  My product is a signal transformer providing isolation to and from
the telecom port.

-0.4mm distance through insulation (section 14.3.1 a)
-3kVrms (4240Vpeak) dielectric test (table IV)
-6mm of creepage and clearance, or 5mm of special conditions of section 4.3.3
or 9.3.5 are met (Table II).

keep in mind that this is the 1976 publication, so I do not know if sections
and tables are consistent in topic with the latest versions of IEC 65.

Thanks a lot!

Mel Pedersen                            Midcom, Inc.
Homologations Engineer                  Phone:  (605) 882-8535
e-mail: mpeder...@midcom.anza.com       Fax:    (605) 886-6752