At 09:59 22-09-97 -0400, Mark Urban wrote:
>Is the Australian EMC requirement the same as CE? I guess we're supposed
>to fill out yet another Declaration of Conformity and add another
>"mark". I'm running out of real-estate. Will Australia accept CE?
>
>Thank-you,
>
>Mark Urban

Bonjour de Montreal,

The Australian Spectrum Management Agency (SMA)is only asking for tests on
the radiated side with a standard which is a replica of CISPR22.

There is two main differences if you compare with the European requirements
: (1) the laboratory used for the test must be accredited by their national
laboratory assessor (NATA) or with some accredited body who have a Mutual
Recognition Agreement with NATA (NIST/NVLAP or A2LA for USA, NAMAS for UK)
and (2) the C-Tick mark is a trade mark protected by the SMA so you must
ask for the permission to use it either by :
- asking on a product by product base with an Australian registered
Trademark/Tradename. Or
- Have a local representative or distributor to hold it for you. He then
have a Supplier code.
Or
- If you are an Australian Company, you can get a Australian Company Number
(ACN).
Or
- By sending the registered name and address of the place of business of
the Australian supplier.

I strongly encourage you to see for yourself at the SMA Web page located at :

<http://public.sma.gov.au/spectrum>

Hope this help.

Benoit Nadeau, ing. M.ing. (P.eng., M.eng)
Gerant du Groupe Conformite (Conformity Group Manager)
Matrox <http://www.matrox.com/>

1055, boul. St-Regis
Dorval (Quebec) Canada
H9P 2T4