Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:06:54 +0100
From: FAGEN GAIL
To: Art Michael <amich...@connix.com>
Subject: Re: IEC 950, Amendment 4, Clarification Sought

Hello,
I'm not sure whether your question concerns just IEC 950/A4,
CENELEC EN 60950/A4 or both so I've forwarded your question
to the IEC Central Office as well.

Regarding EN 60950:1992/A4:1997 -
The Amendment was published March 14, 1997 so there's no
reason it shouldn't be available.  One reason there may be
availability problems is that the "dop" (date the CENELEC
members have to implement the EN with a national standard)
is 1997-08-01, so possibly the corresponding British
standard isn't ready yet.

A4:1997 is not included in the original EN 60950:1992, so
the user should make sure he/she has both the original
standard and the amendment. And, like all CENELEC standards
based on an IEC Reference Document, it's to be read with the
IEC standard (and amendments).

Hope this clears things up. Let me know if we can be of
further help.

Best regards,
Gail