Hello George & Doug,

The CB Scheme, providing for the mutual acceptance of electrical safety
test data, among 30+ countries, covers 14+ product categories and is
certainly not limited to ITE.

An extension of the CB Scheme to provide for the mutual acceptance of EMC
test data has been in effect for more than a year.  The list of
participants, at this juncture, is smaller than the list of those that
accept each other's safety test data.

Another expansion of the CB Scheme is called the FCS (Full Certification
Scheme).  The intent of this program, (not quite yet implemented - to my
knowledge), is to provide a means for the sharing of the full
certification, not just sharing of the test data.

To keep up-to-date on these useful "Schemes", one should subscribe to the
"CB Bulletin" which is a bargain at less than US$100.00 per year.  For
this fee you will receive 4 numbered volumes per year (some of them are
more than one issue) totalling more than 4" (10 cm) of material.  This
publication details the participating countries and labs, sources for test
equipment, changes in rules, product areas covered by each participatant
and much-much more.  The CB-Scheme also has a website (see note below).

Subscriptions can be purchased from your IEC National Certification Body
(NCB) or directly from the IEC.

Links for the IEC and the CB Scheme (and many others) can be found on the
Safety Link:

                           <www.safetylink.com>

Regards, Art Michael, Editor

      -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
     |            http://www.safetylink.com                   |
     |  The Safety Link is the most comprehensive collection  |
     |    of product safety and standards links on the WEB    |
     |                Check our latest offer                  |
     |              Int'l Product Safety News                 |
     |      Celebrating our 10th Aniversary,  1988-1998       |
     |                 P.O.Box 1561 - WWW                     |
     |            Middletown CT 06457-8061 U.S.A.             |
     |     Phone: (860) 344-1651     Fax: (860) 346-9066      |
     |                email: i...@connix.com                  |