I am not sure of the appropriate web site, but the SLIM committee has
issued its final report on the EMC directive. It includes 20 specific
recommendations. VERY briefly, it encourages the Commission to
evaluate existing standards and set up review processes for new ones,
with a view towards minimizing duplication. In the same vein, it
encourages the inclusion of basic EMC requirements IN the directive,
rather than the current minimal 'essential' requirements. It also
recommends the consideration of installation environments for large
machines, rather than arbitrarily imposing the same requirements on
all.

I only have a hard copy, so if anyone would like a copy, please e-mail
me directly and I will get it out to you.

Bob Martin
Sr. Technical Manager
Intertek Testing Services
(978)263-2662
fax(978)263-7086
r...@itsqs.com

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my
employer.