        From:   grant.pi...@adn.alcatel.com
[SMTP:grant.pi...@adn.alcatel.com]
        Sent:   Thursday, October 08, 1998 10:38 AM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:        New CISPR22 requirement

        The most recent issue of CISPR22 (Third edition, Nov. 1997)
requires
        conducted emissions testing on signal cables (section 5.1).
Section 9.5
        provides the procedures for making such measurements.
Alternative methods
        are suggested involving Impedance Stabilization Networks and
Current Probes.
        All types of cables are covered (e.g. balanced/unbalanced,
        screened/unscreened, single pair/multiconductor, etc.).

        Has a CENELEC version of CISPR22-1997 been released or drafted?
If not
        released yet, when is it expected?  When would it be expected to
be
        communicated by the Commission, and when would it become
mandatory?  Does it
        contain a requirement for conducted emissions on signal lines?

        Does anyone have any particular concerns regarding compliance
with this
        standard?

        Thanks in advance.

        R. Grant Pinto