Hello,

Does anyone have any information regarding how microphones are covered by
European EMC requirements and regulations.  I understand 89/392/EEC does
not mention microphones but as most regulations/standards do not provide a
definitive listing of all products types covered I am wondering if this
really means microphones are not covered by the EMC regulations/Directives
etc.

I am interested in finding out if there are any EMC requirements for any
types of microphones (ie dynamic, condenser and radio).

Regarding radio microphones and their receiver units:
I do not believe there would be any requirements for the radio microphone
itself as it is an international transmitter and therefore not intended to
be covered but what about the receiver unit?  Are the receiver units and
the radio microphone treated as a "system" and because the "system"
involves an intentional transmitter EMC is not required or is the receiver
unit treated separately as a sound/audio receiver ie CISPR13/EN55013 ?

Any help/information would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson
Stanimore Pty Limited
Ph: 02-43-29-4070   Fax: 02-43-28-5639  Int'l: +61-2-43-2x-xxxx
Email:  k...@compuserve.com (Internet)
               k...@technologist.com (alternate Internet)
              100356,374 (Compuserve)