Hello Richard,

Although the following is not a direct answer to your query, it
appears to be relevant to your interest/s.

In the current issue of TUV Rheinland's newsletter "World News"
(March-April 1998) on page 5 there appears an article titled, "New German
Law Closes Gaps".  Therein it is stated, "Germany is enforcing a new
product safety law, made effective August 1, 1997, entitled, "Law to
Regulate the Safety Requirements for Products and Preservation of the CE
Marking" (translated).

It further states, "This law, which implements both a European Union (EU)
Directive and the Product Liability Law of 1989, closes remaining gaps
among the product-specific safety laws, such as the Pharmaceutical, Food,
or Equipment Safety Laws (GS Law)."

Regards, Art Michael, Editor

                *     International Product Safety News      *
                *    Check out our current offer on the      *
                *  Safety Link at http://www.safetylink.com  *