Subject: RE: CANADIAN REQUIREMENTS
Author:  Non-HP-tgrant (tgr...@lucent.com) at HP-ColSprings,mimegw9
Date:    6/30/99 1:37 PM

Canada requires that these markings be both in English and in French.   Here
is the exact wording, from Annex of ICES-003 :

Canadian EMC statement in  English and French:

                "This Class (insert A or B) digital apparatus meets all
requirements of the Canadian Interference-Causing Equipment Regulations."

                "Cet appareil num/erique de la classe (A ou B) respecte
toutes les exigences du R\eglement sur le mat/eriel brouilleur du Canada."

(Accent aigue over a vowel is denoted by "/" before that vowel.  Accent
grave over a vowel is denoted by "\" before that vowel.   And both are
underlined.)

Tania Grant, Lucent Technologies, Octel Messaging Division
tgr...@lucent.com