Good Morning Janne!

It has been my experience that units seperate from the
control cabinet that supplies power to them are
grounded to the same ground potential as the the
cabinet, assuming you are not using an IT type power
system (which is what is used in the Nordic countries
for example) where the PE is seperated from true
ground by protective impedances.

IEC 60204-1 indicates that all parts of equipment
should have earth continuity back to the primary earth
stud/connection.  In fact, section 19 gives testing
requirements for this to be 0.1 ohms or less.

I hope this helps.  Please email me if you need
specific data.

Regards,

Frank West
Sr. Engineer