As a manufacturer of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
which are subject to considerable mechanical abuse, we
have not found any particular standards detailing tests for
such abuse. There are requirements for impact tests for the
exterior of enclosures which would give access to hazards,
in IEC 60950. (Dropping the 50 mm dia steel ball thru 1.3m).
I would suggest that you consider using clear polycarbonate
sheet rather than glass, since such sheeting is very resistant to
abuse. Have a look at your competitors products !
Regards,
John Crabb, Development Excellence (Product Safety) ,
NCR  Financial Solutions Group Ltd.,  Kingsway West, Dundee, Scotland. DD2
3XX
E-Mail :john.cr...@scotland.ncr.com
Tel: +44 (0)1382-592289  (direct ). Fax +44 (0)1382-622243.   VoicePlus
6-341-2289.