Eric:

Although this sounds like a good mechanical solution, there's a few
electrical things that really worry me.

Is this magnetic sheet material electrically non-conductive? Maybe it is,
with tiny little magnetic bits buried in a non-conductive plastic. OTOH,
maybe you will get some reflections or refractions of an incident wave as it
hits this material BEFORE hitting the ferrite tiles.

Also, I measured a few magnetic decorations, and I found that the magnetic
field strength at the rear surface is on the order of hundreds of Gauss.
What effect might this strong magnetic field have on the uniform absorptive
characteristics of the ferrite tiles?

Maybe I'm raising unfounded concerns, but the proof would be in
characterizing your chamber. I hope you proved the performance of the room
AFTER you put up those magnetic sheets!

Regards,

Ed

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA.  USA
619-505-2780 (Voice)
619-505-1502 (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Services Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis