We use Hewlett Packard and Rohde & Schwarz pre-amplifiers for CISPR xx class
B measurements above 700 MHz, which is when the noise floor starts to bite
at the 6dB clearance criterion.

We do commercial measurements at mandated test distances only. A 1 m test
distance is specified for MIL testing only.

A zoomed in measurement from 3m to 1m to beat the noise floor is not
recommended as the antenna and EUT dimensions become critical.

Hope this helps

Regards

Arun Kaore
EMC Engineer