To all my distinguished colleagues.

I wish to thank you for your responses to my call for help, and inform you
of the finial outcome.

Some of you I have contacted directly and some I have not (due to time
constraints) but I want to thank all that have responded very much.  I have
read and considered each reply.

In summary, I was required to substitute a 10x10x22 ferrite tile chamber for
a 10 OATS for emission pre-scan testing and needed fairly good correlation.

To make a long story short here is what I did:

The chamber had a metal floor that was naturally the major contribution to
reflections.

I placed ferrite tile square assemblies  2x2 Ft. from under the Biconilog
running 3 meters to under the EUT table.  The tile squares fanned out in the
middle to form something like an oval.

Now I have minimum reflections and once plotted gives me a curve very close
to theoretical using a Biconilog and a Biconical antenna.  The horizontal
and vertical plot points fall all most on top of each other on the curve.

I now have a ferrite tile tunnel, with only one major reflection at 150 MHz.
which is stable and about 4 dB P-P.

I am starting to test equipment which has returned for commercial labs and
show a correlation of about 2.6 to 3 dB.

Now this is not bad if I do say so myself.  I only need to recheck the Field
Uniformity, which I do not think will be adversely affected.

Al Patrick, Sr. EMC Engineer - Manager of EMC Lab Operations

Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
al.patr...@sciatl.com
770 236 5148