                                From:   John Juhasz
[SMTP:jjuh...@fiberoptions.com]
                                Sent:   Friday, July 23, 1999 1:41 PM
                                To:     'Nezam Najafi';
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
                                Subject:        RE: Argentina
Approval/Certification

                        Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my
understanding is that for the time being, Argentina is accepting CE approval
until Jan 1, 2000.

                        MET laboratories in Patapsco, MD is rather well
versed in the Mercosur countries (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, & Chile). It
may be worth contacting them. They are a good resource.

                        John A. Juhasz
                        Product Qualification &
                        Compliance Engr.

                        Fiber Options, Inc.