From: Courtland Thomas [mailto:ctho...@patton.com]
Sent: 15 December 2000 22:22
To: emcpost
Subject: External Power Supplies-DoC

Hello group,

This is a two part question.

We 'Self Declare' for CE on all our products. In situations where an
internal power supply is used, we get the unit tested at a test lab to
EN60950. Shouldn't the report that we get from the test lab be enough for us
to 'Self Declare'?.

In situations where an external power supply is used, we use the
manufacture's data sheet and DoC as our record for the 'Self Declaration'.
We create our own DoC and use the manufacturer's data.
Of course the power supply has all the approvals.

Is there anything wrong with this approach?

Courtland Thomas
Patton Electronics