Yes, class B ITE can be self-verified.  However, if the ITE is a personal
computer or personal computer peripheral, then the Declaration of Conformity
procedure must be followed.  The DofC procedure is essentially
self-certification, but requires that the testing be performed at an accredited
test laboratory (NVLAP, AALA).

Jim Hulbert
Senior Engineer-EMC
Pitney Bowes