Hello group,
It is my understanding that Group 2 devices as per the standard
definition are devices that use electromagnetic radiation for the
treatment of material and spark erosion equipment.  In Annex A, under
Group 2 the standard declares Thyristor-controlled equipment.  My
question relates to a large motor controller that uses Thyristor
control.  The client wants to test under Class 2 and I believe that is
only for treatment of materials and spark erosion equipment.  They
already did some testing with a competent body in UK that allowed them
to categorize it into Class 2.

Does anyone have any comments to offer?

Thank you

Duane
--
International Certification Services, Inc.
1100 Falcon Ave

www.icsi-us.com
Tele: 1-320-864-4444
Fax:  1-320-864-6611