I'd like to throw my two cents worth in here.

First, compliance with a national/international standard or regulatory
regime does not guarantee adequate product performance or safety.  That is
the responsibility of the manufacturer.  The standard(s) gives guidance to
achieve that acceptable level of performance and compliance with it
acceptable to a regulatory regime or authority provides a legal basis to
market the product.

Don't look to regulatory authorities to manage your compliance or EMC/Safety
design goals.

John P. Wagner
AVAYA Communication
11900 N. Pecos St, Room 2F58