From: owner-emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:owner-emc-p...@ieee.org]On Behalf
Of Roncone Paolo
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 6:19 PM
To: 'emc-p...@ieee.org '
Subject: Cell phones and humans

Group,
the subject of possible biological effects of cell phones is having a lot of
attention these days and it was already touched in this forum. I'd like to
get opinions about  what my wife just told me. I don't know if this should
be classified as "influence of cell phones on humans" or "influence of
humans on cell phones". The story is as follows:
my wife was talking on her cell phone while walking by a swimming pool. As
she steppen right on the wet border of the pool (she was bare foot) the line
went down. But just after stepping back on dry ground (just a step or two
back, so the signal level shouldn't have changed so much) the line got back
and she was able to resume her conversation. She told me she didn't step
back again on the water,  just to check if the phenomenon was repeatable. I
honestly don't know if this is even worth of attention because of course
it's not a "laboratory" or just even a "controlled" experiment. But if
anyone out there has any guess or thinks there is an explanation... that
would be welcome !!

Paolo