From: don_macart...@selinc.com [mailto:don_macart...@selinc.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 4:07 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Philosophy for old designs with new requirements.

I would appreciate some feedback on the following:

Let's say I have several existing designs which meet the requirements for CE
Marking today (EMC & Safety).  What is the requirement for these existing
designs when a new standard comes out, let's say six months from now?

I think the older designs must be re-designed to meet the new requirements
or
not be sold into the EU.  Is this true?  What ammunition is out there for me
prove this fact to the higher-ups?

Thank you,
Don