Georg,

You were right on the money when you identified the requirement for post
installations.  Similar to the case in many standards, the area of interest
is silent -- nothing is said about the application in 7.2.2.  When I find
this lack of information, I begin my search for guidance in the next best
place.  In this case, it was the instruction given in 7.3.1.  Ultimately, a
CB answers the question.  Our tests include "true common mode" as well as
individual lines.

We have found some problems in burn-in where the power source was dirty
similar to the effects caused by the EFT tests.  We were able to observe the
same type of failures in the lab when common mode EFT signals were applied.
So this test does represent some real world possibilities.

Don Umbdenstock