Hello,

    For Emisssions, I think the standard you may want to look at is
EN55022(1998) which defines telecommunicaiotns ports as those connected to
telecommunications networks(POTS, ISDN, ETC)  and  Local Area Networks.  As for
the Surge tests, there is a subnote under 55024 that applies surge tests to only
those cables that leave the building.  I hope this helps.

David Heald