Hello group,

We have an emissions problem on a board and I would like to suggest a ground
plane in the area of an RJ-45 jack (TNV-1).  But we have always asked our PCB
designers to leave TNV traces free of ground and power planes to avoid arcing
during surge and dialectric strength tests.

Does anyone know where to find specs on breakdown voltages between PCB layers?
Has anyone successfully used  ground planes above or below TNV traces?  We are
testing to UL1950 and Part 68.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

David.