Hello Group,

Our company recently acquired another company and a compliance project has
immediately popped up. An ITE product was previously tested and found to be
compliant. This product incorporated the chassis/motherboard of a 386 type
computer as the main controller internal to the product. The design is now
changed to remove this built-in computer and move the controlling functions
off to a new & proprietary PCI card that will be installed in a user
supplied NT workstation.

When I go for EMC testing, I presume I will have to put a sample host
computer with our PCI card installed on the turntable and include it in all
the tests. I also assume that the full system must be compliant, including
the "sample" host computer.

Would anyone care to share with me their experiences in this type of
testing?  Please include gotcha's to watch out for, brands/models of hosts
that work well and anything else that may smooth the process. BTW, we have
always done Class A tests because this is not home use equipment. But, given
the PCI card goes in a possibly home computer, does the card and/or system
now have to be Class B?

Anything else I should know?

As always, thanks for your input.

Scott