From:   Rich Nute[SMTP:ri...@sdd.hp.com]
Sent:   22 March 2000 16:41
To:     pmerguer...@itl.co.il
Cc:     Product Safety Technical Committee
Subject:        Re: Sizes for Power, Control and Signal Cords/Cables/Wires

Hi Peter:

>   For the novice designer, does anyone have a Table which references
North
>   American and European sizes/cross-sectional area of cords/cables/wires?
Of
>   course, these Tables depend on the type of insulations and temperature
>   rating of the cord/cable?

At one time, the IEC published a document which compared
the technical requirements and specifications of IEC-
standard power cordage with North American-standard cordage.
Howard Reymers of UL did most of the work.

Unfortunately, I have not located my copy, and I could not
locate the document on the IEC web site.  I would guess
that the UL power cord folks would be able to find a copy
for you.

Best regards,
Rich