Another aspect to consider is the measurement of magnetic fields using a
loop antenna at frequencies much lower than 30 MHz.  These measurements are
not performed on a typical OATS and a 1-4 meter scan height is not required.
Thus we do not need to dig a hole for the rest of the antenna (though
sometimes we would like to).

Don