  From: Colgan, Chris
  To: 'Emc-Pstc' (E-mail)
  Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 8:20 AM
  Subject: definition of "off"

  What is clear from IEC60065 is that if a product is capable of being
  switched on or off or both by a timer or a data link, a front panel
  mechanically operated switch is not required.  What is not clear is the
  definition of off.

  Has anyone been given a definition, preferably by a CTL member or the like?

  Cheers

  Chris Colgan
  Compliance Engineer
  TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
  The Summit, Latham Road
  Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
  *Tel: +44 (0)1480 415 627
  *Fax: +44 (0)1480 52159
  * Mailto:chris.col...@tagmclaren.com
  * http://www.tagmclaren.com

             Please visit us at www.tagmclaren.com

  The contents of this E-mail are confidential and for the exclusive
  use of the intended recipient. If you receive this E-mail in error,
  please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either
  by E-mail, telephone or fax. You  should not  copy, forward or
  otherwise disclose the content of the E-mail.

  TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
  The Summit, 11 Latham Road
  Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
  Telephone : 01480 415600 (+44 1480 415600)
  Facsimile : 01480 52159 (+44 1480 52159)

             Please visit us at www.tagmclaren.com