Mr. Flanigan,
EN 50140:93 is really ENV 50140:93 and EN 61000-4-3:96 does replace it with
a dow of 1997-06-01 (as found in the forward of EN 61000-4-3:96).
Subsequently A1 was published in Aug 98.

There was a lot of good wordsmithing between ENV 50140:93 and EN
61000-4-3:96 but no significant change EXCEPT the requirement for 900MHz
pulse modulation at 200Hz was dropped.  If you have ENV50140:93, see
paragraph 5 and 8 where 900MHz is discussed.  Its gone from EN 61000-4-3:96.
EN 61000-4-3:96+A1 adds bits about testing/protection against RF emissions
from digital radio telephones throughout the document.  In all cases, tests
are conducted with an 80% modulated 1kHz sine wave (instead of pulse
modulation at 200Hz).  A1 was added to justify this.
Dan Kinney
Horner APG