All,

FCC Rules, Section 15.33(b):

"(b)  For unintentional radiators:

                (1)  Except as otherwise indicated in paragraphs (b)(2) or
(b)(3) of this section, for an unintentional radiator, including a digital
device, the spectrum shall be investigated from the lowest radio frequency
signal generated or used in the device, without going below the lowest
frequency for which a radiated emission limit is specified, up to the
frequency shown in the following table:

Highest frequency generated
or used in the device or on
which the device operates or    Upper frequency of measurement
tunes (MHz)                             range (MHz)

    Below 1.705                 30
    1.705 - 108                 1000
    108 - 500                   2000
    500 - 1000                  5000
    Above 1000                  5th harmonic of the highest frequency
                                        or 40 GHz, whichever is lower"

Note that if the highest clock speed is between 500 MHz and 1000 MHz, you
test to 5 GHz.  Testing to the 5th harmonic (or 40 GHz, whichever is lower)
doesn't start until the clock is above 1000 MHz.

Ghery S. Pettit
Intel