Hi Group,

THANKS for your very much appreciated responses!! I was in panic mode!!

I thought it would be appropriate to let you know the status.

My product is a small all plastic enclosure Point if Sale (POS) Class III
terminal. It has an external SMPS, Class II, no earth, supplying SELV, 12Vdc
1.5A to my product. The power supply works OK with some of our other
products, for EMC. The problem is with my product.

I solved the problem at the test house by wrapping a few turns of the DC PSU
cable through a "Large" Ferrite Clamp at the Product input (it did not work
so well at the PSU I/P nor O/P). The fix cannot be considered final due to
obvious reasons.

I am now at my Lab, now the serious diagnostics begin. I have been trying
various "quick fixes" to no avail i.e. Caps, TVS, MOV etc.

If you have any further comments feel free to email me.

THANKS again to all those who responded with their thoughts. I can tell you
they were wide and varied just as you would expect to trying to resolve an
EMC problem over the NET!!

Best Regards
alex.mcn...@ingenicofortronic.com