Greg -

I'll try the FAA.  Good source I overlooked.  I'm also
planning to search the MIL standards, later this week.  I
suppose it would be a good idea to check on the EV
automotive standards, incase I have to piece together
something.

In my research, I did notice quite a few aircraft battery
standard, but all of these were for primary batteries or
other types of secondary batteries (Ni-Cd,
Nickel-metal-hydride, lead-acid).  The same was true for
locomotive lighting (lead-acid).

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
Product Safety Manager