From: Trevor Chainey [mailto:tchai...@telesoft-technologies.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 7:47 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Generic vs Product Specific Specifications for European Directives

If we test to a generic harmonised specification and issue a Declaration of
Conformity, what do we need to do if a Product Specific harmonised
specification is subsequently released, i.e. if we have just finished
testing and then another spec comes along, how long can we continue to
declare to the first spec before having to test and declare to the
subsequent spec?

Trevor Chainey
Quality Manager
Telesoft Technologies Ltd