Hi Brian:

>   I have, w/in previous 6 mos, attended seminars offered by (2) agencies. I
>   learned much from both, and appreciated being able to talk to the "gurus".
>
>   But upon review of seminar notes and manuals from previous Product Safety
>   Engineers, it would seem that issued materials & syllabus do not compare
>   with seminars of years past.
>
>   Is this a "bottom-line" issue, or is it just my perception? Comments?

Your question is almost too general to answer.

In my experience, the seminars are continuously
updated to reflect the most current versions of
the various safety standards and the must current
interpretations of the various certification
houses.

And, I have found that current seminars reflect much
better safety engineering than past seminars (which
were more oriented to strict conformity without
rationale).

So, I would not expect current seminar notes to
agree with older seminar notes.  I expect that you
got a much better course than the previous product
safety engineers.

Best regards,
Rich