Hi John C. and John W.:

>   >Would anyone have any guidelines on how to design computer graphics
>   >in such a way to avoid inducing Photo Sensitive Epilepsy in anyone
>   >who suffers from that complaint ?
..
..
..
>   A web search for 'epilepsy AND photosensitivity' will probably give you
>   more information that you will ever need.

I did this ("photosensitive epilepsy") and did indeed find
more information than I would ever need.  I did find a very
informative site that seems to answer John C's questions.
See:

    http://www.epilepsytoronto.org/people/eaupdate/vol9-3.html

Interestingly, the flicker rate of computer displays is not
considered provacative in terms of photosensitive epilepsy.

However, the article does discuss the effects of "spatial
contrast" in a display, whether TV or computer.

Best regards,
Rich