Sorry to post here but am running into a brick wall at trying to find out
something as simple as the resistivity and dielectric constant for skin!

Does anybody have a source?  Need quick, please.

                       - Robert -

Hi Robert:

The skin resistivity and dielectric constant is NOT simple.

My reference is Reilly, Applied Bioelectricity from Electrical Stimulation
to Electropathology.

Resistivity varies with
    body location;
    wet/dry;
    electrode contact area;
    electrode contact perimeter;
    uniformity of current distribution below the contact;
    the kind of tissue below the skin (muscle, fat);
    thickness of the corneum (outermost layer of dead skin cells);
    duration of current;
    activity of sweat ducts;
    etc.

Having said this, here are some resistivity values in
kilohm-centimeters-squared for dry contacts:

    Arm         dc             100-1,000
    Arm         1.5-10 Hz      600-1,200
    Fingertip   0-1 Hz         120-130
    Palm        30-65 Hz        60-80

While Reilly has information on skin capacitance, he has no information on
dielectric constant.

Best regards,
Rich