Hi Stuart,
Sounds like your referring to a PCMCIA radio card that can be integrated
into a host device.  If so, you probably have an RTTE project that does also
include the LVD.  The test suite for this device would depend on the
frequency band.  If its 2.4 GHz equipment, then EN 300 328(Radio Spec), EN
300 826(EMC Spec) and EN60950(Safety Spec) would be the appropriate spec.
All EN's so your customer can self-declare the device.

Also, some say that EMF compliance may be required, although I have yet to
have a notified body require that of me.  The directive can be interpreted
to include this.  If you feel that it is required, there is no EN for it and
you will need to use a NB.

Sam Wismer
Lead Regulatory Engineer/
Radio Approvals Engineer