Hello PSTC-ers

Further and contrary to the ideal requisites noted below by Richard Woods,
TENS and Muscle Stimulators ARE sold, via mail-order from the back of
Muscle-builder magazines (without any restrictions or need for
prescriptions).

They can also be found in shops in most any Chinatown here in the USA.
These are sold over-the-counter, for sums in the vicinity of US$25.00 or
less, without prescriptions and without doctor's orders.  You can even
find them on E-Bay once in a while.

They are usually powered by AA batteries (or sometimes, 9V batteries); I
guess the "industry sense" is that they don't require agency approval (the
agencies we work with daily). And, I've never noted any agency markings or
notations on the ones used by professionals (physical therapists)  either.
In their case - they sometimes open the units, set the levels, seal the
units, and allow patients to take them home for self-monitored therapy
sessions.

And, to borrow Richard's words, "Approvals? What Approvals?"

Regards,
Art Michael, the Safety Link <www.safetylink.com>
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-0-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o