I read in !emc-pstc that Rich Nute <ri...@sdd.hp.com> wrote (in
<200108171905.maa00...@epgc196.sdd.hp.com>) about 'CE test suite for
computers', on Fri, 17 Aug 2001:
>Agreed!

Well, see my direct response to G. P.

>EN 61000-3-2 is driven by Euro power distributors
>who don't want to correct for non-linear loads.
>(But who have no quarrel with correcting for
>phase angle.)

That's because it's practicable to correct for phase angle but it is not
practicable (yet) to correct for harmonics at system level. Electricité
de France has one of the first experimental system-level compensators
now under trial.

>I don't understand the drive for EN 61000-3-3.

See my comments about voltage change tolerance in my other post.
--
Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only. http://www.jmwa.demon.co..uk
Eat mink and be dreary!