Group:

Check my interpretation of EN 61000-6-2:1999 Immunity DC power Port Table 3
Note 3.  This is with reference to an industrial application with a DC power
input.
Intended to be either supplied with an AC-DC power supply (`power adapter') or
a distributed DC power from a distant AC-DC source located in the building.

The way I read the chart is you test through the AC-DC power supply (`power
adapter') +/- 500 volts surge and +/- 2000 EFT and only if you connect to
cables =>10 meters between the AC-DC supply and the DC input.

IF I AM READING THIS RIGHT:
1.  When <10 meters, are they expecting the surge and EFT tests defined for the
 AC port will be imposed in the course of EMC testing anyway ?  I would be
doing this test.  Although, you could be using a supply with all the testing
and CE mark certs available encouraging some to conclude this is already
covered so no need to retest.

2. Are they expecting you to connect >10 meters of cable for the test?  This
would not be real.

3.  The remaining question, IF I AM INTERPRETING IT CORRECTLY, why only +/- 500
volts surge on the AC input ?  On the AC Power: ±2-kV line-to-earth;  ±1-kV
line-to-line surge is required.

Your input will be appreciated!

Best regards,
Terry J. Meck