From:   Jacob Schanker [SMTP:j.schan...@worldnet.att.net]
Sent:   Thursday, June 21, 2001 8:39 PM
To:     emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject:        Clock Dithering - some more information

I followed the recent discussion threads on this topic, but it is not in my
main stream of interest. However, I just remembered an extensive report I
had seen on the subject.

The report is "Investigation into possible effects resulting from dithered
clock oscillators on EMC measurements and interference to radio transmission
systems" By David Lauder and James Moritz of the Univ. of Hertfordshire
Regional Electronics Centre, dated 18 March 2000. It was prepared for the UK
Radiocommunications Agency.

Although I am looking at a paper copy, I am pretty sure that I originally
downloaded it from the UK RA website, http://www.radio.gov.uk

The report expresses concern about the effects of DCOs on digital TV and
COFDM transmissions.

Regards,

Jack

Jacob Z. Schanker, P.E.