<chasgra...@aol.com> wrote:

> After all there are many bright managers out there
> who will come to the conclusion that the emissions
> test is voided by the sheer volume of product that
> is released and the inability of mnufacturers to
> maintain the compliance without crippling cost and schedule.

I've run into this in another way at different companies.

As soon as one version of the product hits the mfring floor
(and thus the lab), the marketing boys come with 10 or so
different flavors of the product which they had in mind but
never disclosed to anyone.  In some cases, drastically
different configurations.  At least enough to cause me
concern in terms of not only emissions but safety as well
(i.e. power, accessibility, ...)

It's extremely annoying to justify going back to the lab when
everyone doesn't want to hear it since they've concluded all
testing of one version of a product (and thus ALL versions
of the product) is done and finished.

- Doug  McKean