Is the product a PC or is it some commercial product that just happens to
have some processing capability?

Consider the reason computers and TVs were included in the Class D list -- a
large number of products put on the public power grid with "significant"
harmonic heating.  Then consider all of the exceptions -- products that are
just as dirty but are low volume, therefore have minimal impact to the
public power grid and are considered Class A.

I believe that the product is defined by its market.  If the product uses a
computer as a portion of its design but is a commercial product (low
volume), a case could be made for Class A.  I strongly suggest anyone
considering this route present this argument carefully to a Competent Body
so as to provide justification in your files.

My opinion only and not necessarily that of the Company.

Don Umbdenstock
Sensormatic Electronics Corporation