        From:  Paul Chan [SMTP:paul_c...@hkstc.com]
        Sent:  Monday, May 14, 2001 9:04 PM
        To:  wo...@sensormatic.com
        Subject:  Re: China

        Dear Richard,

        At the moment two Marks for China for listed/batch of products
        CCIB [Safety + EMC] for the import and export of listed products.
        CCEE [Safety] for batch of products manufactured and sale in China.

        For your case ITE and power supply, it is listed and in the batch of
both
        CCIB and CCEE
        But since the ITE and power supply is manufactured in China:
        1. If it is for sale in China only, CCEE applies.  In this case the
        manufacturer is almost certain to have due with CCEE before.
        2. If it is manufactured in China for export purpose only, CCIB
applies, as
        said before, the manufacturer should have experience with CCEE and
CCIB.

        Paul Chan
        Hong Kong Standards and Testing Centre