I have recently had a discussion with someone who stated that people are no
longer specifying a 36-72V input, and that they are specifying 42-56V
because it is more standard for todays applications?  Does anyone know where
the 36-72V input requirement originated and where and when we still need to
design to the old specification of 36-72V?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul S. Denomme
Viasystems