Claudio,

Concerning Australia
--------------------

The Australian standard AS3300 is the Australian equivalent standard to IEC
60335-1.  The New Zealand standard NZS6300 is identical to AS3300.  They are
based on but not identical to IEC60335-1.

An electronic copy of AS3300 can be purchased from Standards Australia at
www.standards.com.au (use the search facility at top left corner of homepage
and just insert the number 3300).

Electrical safety approval may be required from one the Australian
State/Territory Electrical Authorities depending upon the type and nature of
the device.  The mains power plug and cordage will probably require approval
at least.

For EMC requirements, see the ACA (Australian Communications Authority) web
site at www.aca.gov.au/standards/index.htm.  Look under "Electromagnetic
Compatibility Arrangements (EMC)" heading.

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson

Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    k...@compuserve.com
             (kevin.richard...@ieee.org - alternate email)